Grandparent Rights

Under Massachusetts law, the grandparents of an unmarried minor child whose parents are divorced, married but living apart, or where one or both of the parents are deceased, may, under certain circumstances, be granted visitation rights with the minor child.

In order for a grandparent to obtain visitation rights with the child, the Court has to make certain findings regarding the relationship between the grandparent and the child and the interests of the child, and facts need to be presented to the Court so that it can make those findings.

While this can be a complicated and sometimes lengthy proceeding, we have had experience both in obtaining rights for grandparents and in opposing such requests where appropriate.